IT CHAPTER TWO

My most anticipated movie of the year after Quentin Tarantino's ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD didn't disappoint! Picking up 27 years later from the events of the first film, Part 2 brings our favorite losers together for round 2 with Pennywise the Clown. Bill Hader as the adult version of Richie Tozier steals the show (much like Finn Wolfhard did in part 1). Bill Skarsgård gives another remarkable performance as Pennywise and with a runtime of 2 hours and 49 minutes, it didn't feel that long and had good pacing throughout. Rumor is there may be a director's cut which will splice the two films together and have a runtime of 5 hours or more (they may add additional scenes as well). My only grip with the film was the use of the de-aging technology. While I appreciate the efforts for continuity and to have the kids look the same way they did in the first film, for me, the technology's not perfect yet and took away from their performance during those scenes. I truly applaud the cast and crew for bringing one of Stephen King's best novels to such an incredible film experience. 8/10