Frankie yes. Bobby no. And I'm not talking about who's deserving of a compassionate release. I'm staying away from morality. I'm strictly referring to who might get one. As someome alluded to, Manna was batshit anti government, a rabid Chin supporter, and had a reputation for extreme violence.

Locasio (and his brother Joe) were well liked gamblers back in '85. Joe's club was right near the zoo. The ONLY connection to the Castellano hit (and a very thin one at that) was Vinny Artuso's connection to Frankie as one of the alleged shooters. And his gun supposedly jammed. He was never charged. Not even with conspiracy. So his connection to Frankie shouldn't mean shit.

Gotti's no plea rule (anti government to the extreme, a la Manna) cost a lot of guys a lot of senseless years. None more so than his own brother, John Carneglia and Frankie Locasio. And as a sidenote, Locasio didn't share the alleged reputation for violence as the latter two. His go to was gambling and not drugs. And I believe Gotti picked him for those reasons. The Bronx was loaded with candidates in '85. But I believe he deemed them too ambitious and/or dangerous. He had to choose one to appease the Bronx faction. So he picked one who was extremely well liked and old
School LCN. Loyal but not a threat.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.