Originally Posted by K1NG6

So tell me, are there no gangs in New York City? Is there no threat of terrorism in NYC, either? It seems as if your argument is that law enforcement in Buffalo is more worried about gangs and terrorism so that is why they leave the mafia alone. However, there is a significant amount of gangs and drug activity in New York which is being investigated by the NYPD and the FBI and for some reason they still have the time and resources to investigate and bring cases against the mafia. As evidenced by 9/11 and other events afterward, I'm sure that New York remains a hotbed for terrorist activity which is why the FBI and NYPD made terrorism their MAIN priority after 9/11 ... did they stop going after the mob? No. They significantly reduced the manpower of their organized crime squads so they could focus on terrorism, but they didn't simply give up on investigating LCN activity.

Why? Because the five families, even though not as powerful as they once were, are still viewed as a threat. The same goes for law enforcement in New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston, Providence and elsewhere that the families remain viable. If there were 35-40 made guys in Buffalo believe me law enforcement would dedicate resources to fight it whether or not terrorism or gangs remained their main priority. You've basically proven my point for me - the gangs in Buffalo are more prominent than what's left of the mob and that's why law enforcement places a higher priority towards them.

Please don't compare Buffalo and NYC.

BPD - 131 million Budget with 700 officers. 1 police man -> 371c
Erie County Sheriff's Office - POLICE SERVICES DIVISION - 26m
Erie County - DISTRICT ATTORNEY 15m
FBI Buffalo Field Office - No Data

NYPD - 5.6 billion with 36,000 officers. 1 police man -> 233 civilian

Now the Crime Side
crime rate (100000) murder/slaughter
Buffalo 1019.25 15.61
NYC 538.90 3.39

Of course gangs are "more prominent" they kill each other at daylight. But this had nothing to do with the questions. Exist in Buffalo LCN/Italian OC activity ? anf Which is the best way to find out ?

Last edited by Nitro; 08/21/19 07:10 PM.