Originally Posted by Serpiente
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Most people talk about sports while propping up the bar. People in Philly talk about the mob? WTF? I would've thought that anyone in that life wouldn't talk about their business in a public place in earshot of other people under penalty of death. And I would've thought the American mafia is a completely obscure and weird topic for people to talk about casually in a social setting, a dangerous thing too if someone overheard them spreading gossip.

I will never understand Philly mob culture. I could never see this happening in NY.

First you are way off...

Next it was about health and it was all neighborhood guys and had nothing to do with crime it had to do with doctor appointments.

It has nothing to do with NY , Philly , Boston , Detroit it’s a North East neighborhood thing ..... we grew up in this .

And it’s not made guys sharing family business......it’s regular neighborhood talk and always has been and always will be.

Big Fella check your PM

Oh, okay.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.