Originally Posted by K1NG6

"To start off, I said in my first post that I believe there is still activity in Buffalo and that the bread and butter traditional LCN rackets are still being operated. I just don't believe they are a formally structured family with all of these unknown members that have been able to completely stay off of the radar from ALL of law enforcement. "

I know my post wasn't against you. But i think FBI argument is weaker than it looks in the first moment.

And Hoover was stubborn when it came to investigating the mob. They were able to work in the shadows because Hoover allowed them to by denying it's existence even though he knew it was there. He wanted to go after the Communists instead and he only wanted to focus on crimes that were easily solvable, such as auto theft and bank robberies. He wanted high conviction rates with easy cases. He knew mob investigations were too time consuming, too drawn out, and did not always end with an easy conviction like he liked. He was also worried about his agents being bribed and corrupted by gangsters. There was a great write up about this by Selwyn Raab in his book Five Families.

Communists = Islamists and crimes easily solvable = gangs. Something will never change...

I just don't see them being a fully functioning LCN family with a hierarchy and all of these active made guys on the streets and somehow not be a priority for Buffalo PD or the FBI.

"Fully functioning LCN family" is a definition thing. Bufallo PD have alot to do with gangs and the FBI Bufallo is specializing in terrorism. FBI Bufallo weakens his main divison if the start to talk about OC.

So my case is the law enforcment argument is weaker as we think in the first moment.