Originally Posted by K1NG6

]....
Until more solid proof or evidence comes out regarding Buffalo....
.......The FBI has all but declared them extinct, and while I don't totally agree with that term, I'm more willing to accept what comes from law enforcement in the last decade over internet speculation. There has been nothing to come out that proves they are an active and structured family other than the wiretap of Violi claiming to be named underboss. I could declare myself underboss of an extinct family like San Jose and who would be around to dispute it?

Can you tell me why they FBI should have knowledge about a thing that they don't believe it exists?
I give you a short historical example. Hoover gainsaid that a national wide group don't exist. From 30's to 1957 they can work mostly in the shadows. After Appalachian Meeting the FBI start to change his minds. But in 1980's 90's the go back to his old thinking. So why should FBI know something about a local mob development?
We saw huge social changes in Buffalo and other city’s. Union's lost a lot power. So maybe typical labour racketeering isn't a key activity for a Buffalo Mob. Like the Ndrangheta today don't work at the kidnapping business.

We should start to ask people from Buffalo and other places. Not the FBI.