Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
Lmao I don’t get it a few weeks ago GA and mayo face had borghesi as not active or involved and now this week they say he’s acting boss. I think there’s a lot more stuff going on in Philly than they want us to believe

George A. and Dave said Borgesi has stepped away and gone legit - they aren't the ones making the claim that he is the new acting boss. Scott's new article (that someone linked above) is where the claim of George Borgesi being the new acting boss came from. I enjoy reading Scott's site and his book on Leonetti was terrific, however I would take a lot of the things he posts about modern day Philly LCN with a grain of salt.

He may or may not have someone connected feeding him information, but I think there are a lot of things that he speculates about just like we do. He has Narducci and Joe Pung active (and both as captains) when many of the very reputable and knowledgeable Philly posters here and on the other site claim that Narducci and Pung are not involved. There is also the matter of Merlino introducing Mikey Lance to the Genovese guys as "the boss of Philadelphia" which would make you believe that Lance is the acting or street boss for Joey.

To go with that, they have been saying for months on their Mob Talk show that Borgesi is inactive from family affairs and is making cash from legitimate means, essentially putting himself on the shelf. Why would you need two acting bosses for a family they claim doesn't have that much going on? I think there is a chance Borgesi has moved back up into the administration, but it would seem more likely to me that he would fill Ligambi's empty consigliere role (a position he held before their 2001 racketeering conviction).

I think that finally after all these years of everyone knowing everything about them that today even the feds don't know the administration in Philly. They probably wouldn't have a clue on Mikey Lance if it wasn't for Rubeo, and even then the only other thing they know is Merlino. We don't know for sure who the underboss and consigliere are. George A. and Dave say that all of these powerful guys like Johnny Chang, Stevie Mazzone, and Borgesi have stepped back and gone completely legit. Chickie Chang came out after 30 years and jumped right back in, so why would Johnny walk away now? I just don't buy it. I think they finally understand the need to keep some things a secret and maybe are using smoke and mirrors regarding who is active/inactive or who has what position.

Like someone else said, two years ago Dave was on Fox 29 saying the Philly mob "was back" and as strong as the end of the Scarfo era with 35+ made guys on the streets. You've got all of these top-level guys out on the streets, with the family at it's largest size in over 30 years, and now it's gone legit with them claiming there is nothing to run in Philly?