Mafia, dismissed appeals
Unredeemable in prison

by Riccardo Lo Verso

The decision concerns Francesco Inzerillo, Giovanni Buscemi and Rosario Gambino

PALERMO - They all remain in jail. The Review Court rejects the appeals of Francesco Inzerillo, Giovanni Buscemi and Rosario Gambino . The prosecution of the prosecutor's office that coordinated the investigation into the Mafia of Passo di Rigano is being prosecuted.

"Two, three months after he left the prison, he looked for me and I went very willingly," said Filippo Bisconti, boss of Belmonte di Mezzagno and today repented. To look for it was Giovanni Buscemi, 64, who had taken back the scepter of power after serving a long sentence for the mafia. The Dda and the Palermo mobile team place him at the top of the mandate.

His judicial history began in 1994 when he was already a loyalist of Totò Rina. After a period of inaction, Buscemi had been sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of Giovanni Giordano, whose body he had also dissolved in acid. The sentence to life imprisonment in April 2018 was commuted to him in thirty years of detention. A month later, at the end of May, this is how Francesco Colletti, Villabate's repentant boss, recounts, "there was also Buscemi Giovanni and, I believe, he thought of putting this house at his disposal." And that is the house in Baida where the new dome of Cosa Nostra has gathered.

Francesco Inzerillo, 63, one of the sons, is also in prison , the other is Rosario, of Giuseppe who survived the mafia war of the 1980s. Brother Totuccio was one of the first to fall under the blows of the Corleonese. Francesco Inzerillo,, has always emerged unscathed from the investigation. In 1988 he was involved in the Iron Tower operation, and was acquitted in 1999 of the crime of mafia association. In 1997 he was expelled from the United States and arrested upon his arrival in Rome. In 2006 he was again in prison in the Gotha blitz and sentenced to ten and a half years, in the first and second grade, annulled by the Cassation.

Appeal also rejected for Rosario Gambino, 77 years old, the drug trafficker investigated by Giovanni Falcone. In 2014 he returned to Palermo after 55 years of life in America. Gambino, Joseph's nephew, the chief of the American mafia, had made his fortune overseas, but remained there for 25 years. I will be the American he had settled in the Borgo Nuovo district where he would have weighed his criminal past. Gambino was granted house arrest for reasons of health and age.

Today the outcome of the appeal presented by Tommaso Inzerillo will be known, nicknamed Tamì 'u scarpuni, cousin of Francesco, 70 years old. In 1980 they found him in Santo Domingo where he had taken refuge to escape the arrest warrant signed by the investigating judge Giovanni Falcone for conspiracy to export currency and sell drugs. He risked life imprisonment for the accusation of having enticed his relatives Pietro and Antonio Inzerillo, giving them to the Corleonese in exchange for his own life. He was acquitted of murder and released on November 15, 2013 after serving 10 years in prison for the mafia.

Tuesday 13 August 2019 - 06:00

https://livesicilia.it/2019/08/13/mafia-respinti-i-ricorsi-gli-irredimibili-in-carcere_1079544/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"