Here's the thing about all this speculation over possible repercussions to Michael: virtually all of the things that could have happened to Michael, did happen.

Witnesses, under oath, accused him of ordering killings in a high-profile Senate hearing.

He clearly perjured himself in the same hearing.

A known lieutenant of his was gunned down by law enforcement after publicly murdering an adversary of Michael's.

He's the son of a known Mob boss who was, at least indirectly, involved in all sorts of malfeasance. Anyone who was paying attention knew that Michael was no longer the squeaky-clean war hero.

We've discussed possible threats to Michael but, given the above, were they really threats?

It seems clear that law enforcement was not exactly eager to go up against Michael again. Why do I think that? Because they didn't.

Similarly, for all the talk about the "black book," I don't believe Michael was ever in jeopardy of being blackballed (except maybe for a felony conviction). Why? Again, because no action was taken despite all the crime surrounding him.

By this point, Michael's only concern was legal liability, not appearing legitimate.

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"