Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by Evita

What is this about Rocco, with only one good leg, bum leg

The novel notes that Rocco was injured during Army service in WWII. You see him galumphing up Clemenza's driveway in a deleted scene from GF. You see him galumphing with his bad leg immediately after the Tahoe shooting.
If he had an escape plan, he need not have to outrun the feds and their bullets His running is what got him killed

If he had an escape plan? What would it have been, after the airport shooting?

I will have to rewatch that scene carefully but irrelevant such an insignificant tiny part hardly noticeable galumphing as seen in the movie, a long stretch that Michael was counting on his only one good leg, bum leg would hinder and get him killed

I reiterate Michael would not sacrifice his men

I will just repost Lana's escape plans which I reckon is sensible and could have worked

If Rocco had an escape plan, he need not have to run at all!

Did Rocco Kill The Tahoe Shooters?
Extract:
Originally Posted by Lana
Rocco's killing of Roth need not have been a suicide mission at all
Rocco seems to have not planned the operation well, no escape plans at all
He could have easily shot Roth, camouflaging his gun and then instead of trying to run away in full view of the Federal agents, with the smoking gun still in his hand! could have just lost himself in the crowd The airport was full of people
Michal's choices
Extract:
Originally Posted by Lana
Rocco could have camouflaged his gun, say, perhaps in his pocket and even shot Roth through the pocket or something considering Rocco was so close to Roth? Anything but the way Roth's killing was done!