Between the New York families themselves? No. The only known events were when the families were set permanent after the Castellammarese War, and members could choose the group in the family they came up with or join a different family do to blood relatives or old friends that were in the other family. Newark family disbanded, where four unidentified members from the Genovese family switch to other New York families, two to the Lucchese, one to Profaci, and one to Bonanno, this was under Frank Costello reign. Late 1940s New Jersey and Connecticut made members of the New York City families transferred between themselves. After that there is no evidence of made members of the New York families transferring between those families, only associates being transferred. Once you are made in one of the New York families, you can not be transferred unless it is too a different city like Philadelphia or Boston for examples. Made members from different family across the nation and members from Sicily and Italy can transfer to one of the New York families and vice versa, but not between New York families if made. Now there is no known rule or any examples of made members after the 1940s transferring between New York City families, so it is possibly that they can switch families and we just have not heard about it, but I think that with each family having a set cap of how many made members they can have at a time, they discourage it or there is a rule about it that many New York mobsters who turned seemed to forgotten to mention it. In all the 1940s was the last time members in the New York families transferred between themselves. Boston made a half dozen men and transferred them to the Genovese crime family as a favor to Vito Genovese, but that was between Boston and the Genovese crime family, not between New York families, however the other New York families would have to be informed of it before hand to make sure the Genovese crime family was not going over the set amount of made members in their family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green