Guys that were have become unshelved in later years, 5 years was the shortest known and 26 years was the longest known. Philadelphia had 2 members shelved, and both came back in the 1960s. Bonanno family has a history of shelving members before Joe Massino became boss, 15 to 20 members and only a little over half of the members came back into the fold. Joe C allegedly said he was the boss at a making ceremony on Staten Island so that would have ticked Mancuso, Pork had been in hot water before and also the Simone Espolito is unclear how power changed hands in the Consigliere position. Joe C, Vito Grimaldi and Joe Grimaldi being sacked, I say that John Palazzolo is strongly involved. We have seen many bosses become fearful of a rival faction in their family, thus breaking the crew up, or demoting capos, and Big Paul even shelved an unknown capo during his reign. Members of one family can transfer to another family as long as those two families bosses are ok with it, also better to make sure administration and other certain members of those families are ok with it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green