Originally Posted by blueracing347
Regarding killing everyone, the last two bosses were killed. I'm sure there was some paranoia that played a part. The Ricobene thing was a little too much. I always wondered why Manna or N.Y.for that matter didn't intervene and make Scarfo calm the fuck down. A white rolls Royce and boat named the usual suspects probably didn't help with law enforcement attention either. Phil and Salvie should have killed Scarfo and brought peace to the family.

You’re right, Scarfo was right to be paranoid after what happened to Bruno and Testa. Not to mention that he was trying to control South Philly from his base out in AC.

In defense of Scarfo, he was well within his rights to tell Ricobene to start paying him a street tax. Bruno kept his org way too lose. So Scarfo asking Harry to kick back a percent of his earnings was well within his rights as a boss.

And when Harry balked, Scarfo didnt have any choice but to kill him to send him a message... especially given all of the unstableness of the past few years after Bruno got killed. Scarfo had to send the message that he was to be feared and respected.

I remember reading somewhere that Harry thought he shouldve been made boss, and maybe that was part of why he told Scarfo off.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb