Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
it's the first time i'm hearing about a bonanno crew in jersey

Most of the Jersey members were in James Tartaglione crew. He was originally in Salvatore Vitale crew, but after Gabriel Infante was killed he became capo of the crew. While he was in prison he was allowed to keep his title as capo, but his crew was split up mainly into Richard Cantarella crew, which had Anthony Palmiotto, Mark Meleo, and Joseph Taormina who passed away in 2002, and Anthony Graziano crew, which was the biggest crew at the time, which had Joseph Sammartino Sr, Louis Civello Sr, Michael Donofrio, and John Caltagirone who passed away in 2002 also. Joseph Sammartino Sr was close to Joe Massino and was proposed for membership by him. After all the defections, by 2005 Sammartino was made a capo and almost all of the New Jersey guys were placed in his crew. Two unidentified members passed away since then, one in the late 2000's and another one in the early 2010's, at least one of the members was retired.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green