Los Angeles, Jack Dragna as boss, Tom Dragna as Consigliere, and Girolamo Adamo as Underboss, this set up from 1930s to 1956 was its most powerful administration it had in the family. Jack and Tom, took care of Los Angeles, Orange County, and Riverside, while Adamo took care of San Diego, and operations across the Mexican border. When Frank DeSimone, became boss the family went downhill, and two members became informants to the FBI, the Weasel was not giving any valuable information he was privy to, and Roselli was with Chicago. Frank Bompensiero San Diego capo became disenfranchised with the family when Desimone became boss and continued after DeSimone was boss, and Salvatore Piscopo became an informant when the feds twisted his arm so to speak.
San Francisco and San Jose are interchangeable mainly because you had so many Italian gangs operating in the bay area, that eventually when the crime families were sanctioned by the commission, their territories overlapped in many areas, so it was not uncommon to misidentified members belonging to different families.
San Francisco, 1946 to 1961 was the family's most powerful administration, when Jimmy Lanza became boss, he did not make that many members, and turned down some lucrative enterprises that members of the family came up with on partnerships with other families, and had alienated some of the older members in the crime family and angered others in San Jose, Los Angeles, and New York City.
San Jose, 1941 to 1959 was when they were the most powerful. When Cerrito became boss, he made a few mistakes, lost Prestige by a few other bosses around the county.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green