Buffalo up till the late 1960s.
Detroit from 1940's till Zerilli death in 1977.
New England all the way till the 1980s when many senior members in different fields and ranks, even retired members who were approached on some occasions for their advice had began to die out.
Cleveland, hands down the Scalish era, but did not start until the late 40s and ended with him dying in 1976, weak point in its career was Youngstown Ohio war with Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh, Frank Amato reign helped to cement the family in gambling operations, fronts, construction, with John LaRocco continuing in Unions, and relations with other family, when he took over and Amato stepped down to Underboss, with Genovese becoming Consigliere. From 1956 to 1973, the Pittsburgh crime family administration was at the most powerful it ever was. They controlled Youngstown Ohio, helped Valenti in Rochester NY, Nick Civella in Kansas city, and Lima in San Francisco. It should also be noted that LaRocco held many grudges against members in the 1960s to where Amato and Genovese were taking in the complaints and trying to settle disputes, even Michael Genovese was acting like the boss for a short time in the 1960s.
New Olreans, much has been said about this family.
Tampa. Trafficante administration was so powerful that when he allowed other families to operate in Miami and other parts of the state, they all paid tribute to him. He is also credited in saving a half a dozen or more members in other families lives, with at least two transfering to his family. What is known about his reach of power indicates the family had mass power. Also buying his and an unidentified mafia member out of Cuba during Castro's reign just adds to his legend.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green