Originally Posted by olivant
When Sonny confronts the FBI agent during the wedding reception, the agent does not display his badge.

As Lou said, the agent did show his ID, and Sonny spat on it.

I also question the agents recording license plates numbers since they appear to be trespassing. The cars were parked on the compound; that area does not appear to be right of way or property accessible by the public unless invited.

As SC suggested, law enforcement tactics weren't as restricted then as now. I think in 1945, law enforcement was empowered to "inspect" cars that were "suspected of being used in commission of a crime." A stretch, to be sure, in this case. But, the FBI guys knew the Corleones wouldn't file a lawsuit or make any kind of stink--it would embarrass their guests.

In II, after the gunfire at the compound, the guards close what appears to be the main entrance gates of the compound. Why were those gates open after dark, especially late at night?

It looked like Michael had hundreds, if not thousands, of guests. Maybe all of them hadn't left yet?

And anyway, Oli, as you and I have agreed in many instances: directoral license.

Last edited by Turnbull; 06/19/19 03:51 AM.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.