Originally Posted by Freddie C.
After Mike kills the two of them and runs out of the restaurant, where was the driver Lou? The car was still parked out front. He should've been standing out there next to the car. That might have made Mike's exit a little more interesting. Maybe Coppola could've added a quick shot of some Corleone buttons taking care of the driver.

This what I came here tonight to ask about. As Michael comes out of Louis's restaurant, there is the car they came to the restaurant in, with the white sidewalls and all. Surely Lou would have heard the shots fired from the "noisemaker" that Clemenza chose for Michael to use. I don't relish finding these plot holes, but when I notice one, I want to know what others think. And I have read the other comments here, and so, the answer is... we really don't know, and are free to fill in what seems plausible. But if there's no Lou sitting in the car, then I'd have to assume he'd been whacked on the street, but somehow without drawing attention to it.

Bty, while lining up the shot outside to watch in slo-motion as Michael comes walking out past the parked car where Lou should have been... in the scene --just-- before that, where Captain McCluskey is lying on the floor, at 1:29:56, I spotted that he blinks his eye one time. I saw this in regular motion. I couldn't see the blink as well in slo-mo. wink

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."