Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Nick Nicotera fits your ancestor. He was an associate of Genovese made member John Buscemi who was in Anthony Carfano crew. He was close to Al Zacarelli an associate with the Colombo/Gambino crime families, Carmelo Coppolino and Angelo Leole both soldiers in Carfano crew. I have very little on him and only seemed to be in that one racket and went legit after his release from prison. Hope that helps.

Thanks. And who would fit the moniker of "The Barber" in Bensonhurst circa say early to middle 1970s? The name I was told was Jack "The Barber" Barbara but the person who told me doesn't have the best memory since they spent the 70s getting drunk, high and into brawls. All they remember is his name/nickname was Jack The Barber.

Another question: While my ancestor wasn't a made guy it seems, could he have commanded respect in the neighborhood nonetheless? I ask because relative of my ancestor said how in the 70s, there was fighting all the time with the kids (meaning teens/young adults) in the local area of the neighborhood, and that if Nick had been alive, that would never have been allowed.

Last edited by JackieAprile; 06/01/19 11:36 AM.