https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2019/05/24/un-incendie-chez-une-relation-de-la-mafia

A suspicious fire has completely destroyed the house, of a businessman with a heavy history & ties to the mafia, dating early yesterday morning in Esterel, in the Laurentians.

"There are indications that this is a criminal fire," says Marc Tessier, spokesman for the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) for the region.A trust controlled by Rhéal Dallaire and his family acquired the house for $ 1.3 million in January 2018.Located directly on the shores of Lac du Nord, it was formerly owned by former businessman Guy Cloutier, who was sentenced in 2004 for sexual assault on children, including singer Nathalie Simard.The fire investigator of the SQ must inspect the premises today to clarify the cause of the incident.

Suspicious soil

Joined by our Investigation Office, Rhéal Dallaire was still shocked by the burning of the residence, where there was a member of his family.

"My nephew called me at 2 in the morning," he says.

The businessman does not know who could blame him for burning his home.

"No idea," he said. They asked me that question this morning [yesterday]. "

Dallaire, 55, made a name for himself in 2017, when the City of Montreal and the Quebec government took steps to stop the accumulation of tons of suspect soil on a vast piece of land in Rivière-des-Monts. -Prairies. In the 1990s, he increased jail time for drug trafficking, fraud, fraud, extortion, theft and assault, among others.

Charbonneau Commission

Dallaire then had business relations with individuals linked to the Italian mafia, who made talk about them to the Charbonneau commission on corruption in the construction industry.

According to court documents, he has had business relations with Domenico Arcuri, who is close to the mafia. With his former partner, the boss Raynald Desjardins, this entrepreneur has tried to get his hands on the decontamination company Carboneutre.

For years, Dallaire and his wife were the most important creditors of the company.

A Carboneutre consultant, Marlene Girard, has been pursuing her since 2013, accusing her of having sentenced a lieutenant of former godfather Vito Rizzuto, Tonino Callochia, to threaten her with death. Callochia was murdered in December 2014.