Originally Posted by olivant
Okay fellow Board members, read the following mail from one of my prospective students. The class in which she has enrolled is conducted exclusively online and lasts only 30 days.Try to put yourself in my shoes: how would you respond to this student?

"I am a Dual Credit student taking your Government class over summer. I know the class starts on June 10th, and that until then I will not have access to ... assignments. During the days of June 12-17, I will be on vacation and unavailable to complete any class work during those days. Is there anything you can tell me about the structure of your class? If there is any work I can complete before class starts, I am happy to do so. If not, then I am prepared to make up everything I miss during those days."

Dear Student

The dates of the class run from June 10th through July {?}. You are expected to be online for all classes and to finish all assignments in a timely manner. If you cannot do so then I suggest this class is not for you.
Sincerely,

Oli, these are college level courses you're teaching, right? Summer vacation is not an option.