Gioacchino Pennino was a man of honour, politician of the Democrazia Cristiana, a freemason and a respected doctor.

The Mafia, the Camorra and the 'Ndrangheta would be guided by a single brain. The revelation was made by justice collaborator Gioacchino Pennino in some reports filed by the deputy prosecutor Giuseppe Lombardo of the Reggio Calabria Dda to the Gotha trial.

Part of the story was reported by the Gazzetta del Sud website, according to the leader of Cosa Nostra Pennino, the agreement is configured: “My uncle Gioacchino Pennino confided to me that he was a fugitive in the 1960s as a guest of the Nuvoletta in Naples. This is not surprising as Cosa Nostra, 'Ndrangheta and Sacra Corona Unita, have always been united among themselves. It would be better to say they are one. From there my uncle, as he told me, went to Calabria where, he told me, he had put together freemasons, 'Ndrangheta, secret services, politicians to do business and manage power. A sort of perennial and stable business committee - Pennino continues - In 1980-1981 I found myself talking to Stefano Bontate. During this meeting Bontate told me that he would have been very pleased if I had helped him to continue "that project of your uncle" not only in Calabria, where it was consolidated, but also in Sicily where the project was still in its infancy. I, with a great deal of diplomacy, managed to deviate and decline the invitation. I didn't want to take this role and I wasn't interested in doing it. "

https://internapoli.it/il-pentito-parla-di-camorra-mafia-e-ndrangheta-sono-una-cosa-sola/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"