Good post. It doesn't get mentioned a lot but Sammy did show himself up for a hypocrite with what happened in Arizona. He talked a good game about Gotti being too high profile and flashy, and kind of used it to justify his ratting, but he went on to repeat the same mistakes Gotti did.

Goes to show he wasn't as clever as he made himself out to be. Keep your own counsel and all that.

I remember reading an article in a local newspaper about a journalist going to a coffee shop where Gravano held court and he mentioned Gravano loving the attention and admiration of local college students and hangers on.

It reminded me of his anecdote about himself and John Gotti in a neighborhood bar; a young couple noticed Gotti and were looking at him, Gravano asked Gotti if he wanted him to take care of it and Gotti said, "no, these are my people".

Gravano turned out to be no different than Gotti when it came to basking in his notoriety.

I guess he bought into his own hype with the book deal and Diane Sawyer interview and just became intoxicated with it.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.