Originally Posted by Mooney
I read this article the other day Article. Timeline wise when did the Musitano/Montreal VS Luppino/Violi fued start? I am assuming after Vito died because this article states that the violi's and some luppino's were at Angelo Musitanto's wedding, which would have been around 2012-2013. Yet Musitano was backed by Montreal before vito died ....and couldn't we assume the Violi's always were against montreal ever since Paolo was killed?

The Violis were against the Rizzutos and their extended family members in Montreal. Even though it is said that Vito Rizzuto was the absolute boss of Montreal, there was still the Cotroni faction, and dissidents within the the Rizzuto family at least as far back as 2004. Now there are so many players in Montreal it is difficult to say who is with who. On the Angelo Musitano murder, everything screams Papalia family, but both Angelo and Pat pissed of a lot of top people in Toronto, the Commisso, Racco, and Tavernese. Commisso and Racco wanted to let the Musitano brothers sweat it out in prison then hit them later on. With the events taking place after the brothers release, the plan was not possible. On the brothers release, it is said that they also angered the Tavernese family. Vito Rizzuto was their protector, when he died, so did most of their protection. There is a good chance that Toronto farmed the contract out to the Papalia family, and in order to do that Papalia family would have to get the ok from Buffalo. In Hamilton it is also hard to tell where some of the members loyalty lies, as all three groups have members associating with each other from different families. I believe the Violi family had a hand at the start of the Montreal war, in that Nick Rizzuto Sr was killed the same way as Rocco Violi, and the disappearance of Paolo Renda. There is also circumstantial evidence that the Violi family was planning on hitting Alfonso Caruana in Woodbridge, who was the biggest narcotics trafficker in Canada, and a strong key ally to the Rizzutos.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green