Originally Posted by pmac
i think galante was a powerhouse capo never underboss. ive read evrywhere galante was joes underboss he said he wasnt and the son bills to. he was sent to montreal to tighten the ship up there in the 1950tys. why would you send the underboss up there. hes in charge of everything in nyc. all the crews. a capo could be sent up there to recruit a few guys induct a few. but the underboss is to important to be sent away. galante lived in montreal for awhile. and this also was to set up the herion pipeline thing . also believe rusty and nick mangello were soldiers in his crew. galante looses his last appeal in 1962 or 63 and all his guys prosper well hes in jail till 1974. rusty throws him a thank you makes him acting boss well hes locked up

Nick Mangello was a soldier in Carmine Galante crew. Galante took over from Dominick Sabella. Rastelli was in John Aquaro crew. Aquaro crew broke off from another crew in the 1950s, given how close John Aquaro and Natale Evola were, I would say Aquaro was a soldier in Evola crew. That is my best bet. Williamsburg was a strong hold for the Bonanno crime family and many members met each other there. Galante and Rastelli and some others can be traced back there in the 1940s. Galante and Rastelli knew each other since the 1940s.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green