Hi all, Long time no chat. I have been reading and rereading Bonanno's 'Man of Honor' and Raab's 'Five Families' books. You guys know so much and I feel like I'm just starting to scratch the surface on basic timelines/individuals/etc.. Anyway, couple of three things about Joe Bonanno’s net proceeds:

1) Guesstimate: How much did he make in the 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s?
He was a father for 30 uninterrupted years. While it is left out of his book, this board seems to indicate he was a main heroin supplier for the US with Galante through Sicily and Canada? The proceeds from that alone must have been enormous. (For reference in the 20’s I believe Raab says Luciano was netting 4 million a year from bootlegging). I assume Don Peppino received 10 percent (ish?) from the family rackets. Plus his personal businesses. Let’s be really conservative and say all that adds up to net 1 million per year. X30 years is $30 million. I think it was very lowball estimate.
2) Any speculation on what happened to it? Spent down to zero aka Brewsters Millions?
The reason I ask is because Man of Honor has him living in a normal house, unable to give his daughter in-law $6k, and his youngest son driving a truck for a living. I’m not saying Joe was hard up, but it just doesn’t add up. Did he have to buy his way out of the volcano or something? I would have assumed he made millions over three decades. Am I just falling for Joe's aww shucks routine here and he just couldn't show his wealth for IRS/legalreasons

Thanks for entertaining the questions. Any/all info is appreciated. I love the knowledge and humor on these boards!