Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by Jshov31
I only asked because you seem to be well versed in the Philly/Jersey wiseguys. Good stuff!

Thanks, no worries, did you say in another thread that you are from northeast PA? I have spent a lot of time there over the years, the Bufalinos have an interesting history. As for the Philly South Jersey stuff a lot of interesting info comes from the wire taps where Testa, Sindone and Riccobene were caught talking. There were a lot of gripes about Bruno but most of seamed to be some variation of he was too old school, he was stuck in the past, we're making money but we should be making more money. As I said Scarfo was like Gotti, respected, feared by some (as a captain), but not exactly a Jerry Catena type earner. Once those guys became boss they had a lot of catching up to do as far as making their fortune.

Back to the original topic, as far as I know there were no such complaints with Patriarca, but to be fair I don't recall their being a bug that caught a bunch of high level guys in his family on tape while he was still alive.

Grew up in WB and have relatives all over Pittston, Scranton, and Philadelphia.