Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@MeyerLansky

Yea; The Donnie Brasco situation was a mess. Definitely could have been handled differently. Mirra and Napolitano payed a heavy price with their lives. I don't understand why Sonny Black didn't skip town. He knew he was a dead man but he wanted to die like a man. I don't get it...

If you believe in the life how could you live with yourself knowing you were played by a FBI agent. What kind of life would you lead knowing you fucked up like that. I’m sure he believed in the ‘Cosa Nostra till I die’ just like Gotti said. You think skipping town would be a life worth worth living? I give him props for going out like he did. That is part of it that ordinary citizens like you and I don’t get.

You wanna be a gangster? Live it until you ain’t living no more.

Pure and simple

Sonny Black took his medicine like a man, at least he didn't run off to California only to start fleecing people like Franceze, that charlatan. In some ways he's the worst of all, he left his family in NY and started a new con claiming to be a man of God when he was just another guy who looked for the best out when the life turned on him.