Originally Posted by Jshov31
I think Testa would have been considered rich but I doubt the rest would fall into that category. Where you from Jc?

It was well known that Caponigro had a lot of money, probably the richest guy in the family next to Bruno, he made a ton of money in down neck in Newark. Sindone was the biggest loan shark in Philly, he was caught on tape complaining that he wanted to retire to California and Bruno wouldn't let him. He said that Bruno was too old school and that he just wanted his people to earn the money and not enjoy it. Narducci was very well off, supposedly Phil and his brother were still living off of his money when they got out of the can. As for the Riccobene and Idone I have never read about either of them complaining, it was just Scarfo. Scarfo was like Gotti, stone cold gangsters but not earners. They needed to be the boss to make money. Hell, even Long John made money dealing drugs for Bruno. Bruno had his issues, but his guys weren't struggling to eat, it wasn't a Profaci situation, he wasn't bleeding his guys. The two primary movers against him, Caponigro and Sindone, were probably the two biggest earners in the family, they got greedy and got played by the West Side.

I've lived a bunch of different places, including the northeast. I have a little bit of familiarity with some of the people who get talked about a lot on this site.