Originally Posted by dixiemafia
I will say I respect the Yanks and upper management because y'all will spend the money to try and have a good team. I never understood why so many hated George, if I was a fan I would want my owner/GM to spend the money too instead of being like Atlanta or Miami where they hardly spend and then wonder why fans don't show up while charging outrageous prices on food and beverage. I guess the Yanks are a lot like Alabama, everyone hates a winner.

I've always said the exact same thing: at least George put the money back in to the team and didn't pocket it! However, under the new regime, they're trying to be more fiscally responsible, which I don't necessarily mind. I don't believe we needed either Harper or Macachdo this offseason so I wasn't heartbroken that we didn't get them (not to mention the fact, those contacts, like so many others, will not age well). But yeah, the only good thing about the Yankees having 13 players (Yes, 13!) on the DL already is that it's still only April. 2/3 of the Yankees Opening Day roster is on there. That's absolutely ludicrous this early in the season. I'm just happy they're treading water for now and only 2 1/2 behind Tampa for first place.