Originally Posted by foochowyum
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Look like there's a trend; Old school bosses were never really respected by the young guys. Look at the cases of Joe Profaci; John Stanfa; Vincent Mangano; Angelo Bruno.

What about Carlo Gambino? He was an old school too, a very low-key mafia boss, yet his men respected him and look up to him as a role model. Maybe Carlo Gambino is a rare case - I dont know, what do you think guys?

He's definitely a rare case; When you got Neil Dellacroce; Guys like Carmine Lombardozzi, Jimmy Brown Failla and other powerhouses. It would set potential enemies at bay. I believe if you were a old style Boss; and didnt have a captain or faction with a group of killers; You were done... Look at the case of Frank Costello; He lost Willie Moretti who controlled a ruthless crew in Jersey; After that; He was screwed. Vito Genovese made his move..

Last edited by Zavattoni; 04/23/19 11:04 AM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.