Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Yanks have a chance to use this past game against the Sox as the formula for offensive success. They hit the ball and didn’t worry about hitting it out of the park(homers still came). Paxton looked great first and foremost.

I'm encouraged by Paxton's outing yesterday and glad they took it to Boston. No better team I'd rather them rebound against (especially against Sale as well). Reports state Beltran actually told Paxton he was tipping his pitches in Houston. Looks like the advice worked yesterday. At this point, and I've been saying it for years, the Yankees need to manufacture runs and play small ball. It's always great to hit a homerun but that shouldn't be your focus every time coming to the plate. Glad Frazier got another homer last night! Kid's batting .293 with 4 homers and 11 RBI's in the early part of the season. I hope they hold on to him. Rumors are the Yankees might make another run at Madison Bumgarner this year at the trade deadline and some are saying the Yankees might have to part with Frazier as part of the deal. I wouldn't want them to do it. Bumgarner's a rental and once Gardner retires, I wanna see Frazier with Hicks, Stanton and Judge.

Originally Posted by Irishman12
Let’s see how they perform in this series. A lot of injuries but even when they’re healthy, they need to get out of the rut that they’ve been in with their unenthusiastic offense.

Agreed. Add another to the list. Bird's down now with a left plantar fascia tear. They don't know how long he's gonna be out.

Bird getting hurt is something we can count on every single year. Cashman has more patience with him than he did Jeter and Arod. I’ll never comprehend it.

Very true. Not surprised. Just tired of seeing guys wind up on the DL (I refuse to call it the IL). Disabled list is not insensitive in my book. It's been called that for decades without issue.