Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Moe, do your research on Nipsey Hussle.

I didn't quote him for a reason man, some people are content thinking they know it all when they barely have surface level info. I guarantee Moe did not even know who Nipsey was and here he is passing judgement on things he doesn't understand as usual. It's useless to talk to him so I just don't give him the recognition in the first place.

I know enough to realise that Nipsey, like a lot of people in that industry, is/was content to make money hand over fist glamorising violence, misogyny and gang warfare to impressionable youths. How else do they attract their target listenership? The vast majority of people like him, people like The Game and Ice Cube, use this Bloods and Crip bullshit as a cynical marketing ploy along with their label and management teams. They don't get any sympathy for me.

It's kind of like that movie "The Dirt" by Motley Crue recently released on Netflix. They say they don't want to glamourize that lifestyle of drug abuse and misogyny but that's what the movie totally does; it makes it look like the most fun thing in the world. And half the stories in the book it's based on are utter fabrications, just like most rappers "street cred".

The band's bassist even had to backtrack on a story about him switching places with the drummer while he had sex with a groupie in a closet because he was worried it would come back to haunt him what with the #MeToo movement.

Kind of apropos, I'm reminded of the arc in The Sopranos where a gangsta rapper pays Bobby to give him a flesh wound in order to raise his profile.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.