Originally Posted by FrankValenti
Yeah there was another video just a few months back where he was involved in like a 30 man brawl outside of a club.

His genre of Hip Hop wasn't really my taste (more of a Mos Def, Nas, Wu kinda guy) however I have nothing but respect for what he did in trying to give back to his community. It sounds fucked up, but unfortunately sometimes the places we grow up don't appreciate empowerment and really aren't deserving of it. Pmac is right. Even if I went back to my old neighborhood and pumped money in, most would take advantage and use anything I give directly to buy drugs. Place is a fucking wasteland.

Nispey was crip affiliated as I understand so there's a good chance this is related to LA gang rivalries.

R.I.P. I feel for his family.

Everybody in LA's Crip affiliated. Or Blood. Or Sureno. It takes more than that for a celebrity with such affiliations to get gunned down. This happened in broad daylight in a very public place. Whoever did this would have done it in a rich neighborhood. This really does not have the characteristics of a typical hood shooting. Very bizarre circumstances, at a time when he'd become increasingly political.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea