Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
From what I can gather it seems what BlackFamily states above about sums it up.

Mafia seems to be still there to a certain extent, even though a shadow of their former selves.

I've read about Russian/Russian-Israeli OC in the Midwest but there's not quite a lot to actual find on this. I'm sure there's some activity from them, but probably nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's.

African American gangs are definitely there. I've heard about the Gangster Disciples running quite substantial drug operations in more urban parts of the Midwest.

Hispanic gangs will be there as well. Both Puerto Ricans and Mexicans have noticeable communities in the Midwest. No doubt there's Latin King activity as well as Mexican DTO activity to some extent.

The Outlaws MC possibly still have quite a bit of juice as well; especially in the more 'white trash' parts. In the 2000's there was still quite a bit of racketeering going on...drug trafficking, illegal gambling, extortion...and there were still major connections between Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Florida.
Possibly in connection with the last I believe there's some activity with some hillbilly families going on as well (think of the Pike County murders).

The major Midwest street orgs all have moderate to heavy operations from GD,BD,VL,MC, BPS to LK, LC, MLD, SC , & others.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb