The recent hit of Frank Cali is unorthodox, per mob standards. This goofy 24 yr old kid taking out a Boss is insane. It got me thinking about the current state of LCN. I'm 41, and as a kid in the south suburbs of Chicago, there were notorious people you heard stories about. They were almost legendary in a sense. Names that come to mind for me would be Francis "thin man" Curry, Dominic Confiliano, Armand D'Andrea, Dino Zazetti, "sp*c" Bianco, Joe Mancuso, Eddie Foschi, Bobby Tezak, Vic Gallo and Al Koukas. These are names that no one here probably has ever heard of.

Most of the names were tied to the Chicago Heights street crew and we're so under the radar that their only folklore existed within our own little suburb. They controlled unions, had relatives in the Police department and city hall, ran construction companies, owned cemeteries and controlled gaming and amusements. Some ran "clip joints", which were basically strip bars that hustled the customers into over spending.

No one would ever think of jacking with these people. And if you did, there was a serious consequence to pay. There was a certain mystique about these people.

But now in 2019, some MAGA Qanon jagoff wants to bang the boss's niece and decides to off him over it. And I have to say, I really don't think this dude will be dealt any gangland consequence for it. I mean guys, we're talking about the Gambino Crime Family. In 1980, this mfkr wouldn't have had the luxury of being arrested. He'd have been gone, fast. Especially seeing how the niece and the family in general for that matter, would have known exactly who this jagoff was and a Gambino squad would have been dispatched immediately.

My point is, I've resided to the fact that La Cosa Nostra's influence is gone. They are nothing more than a small gang of criminals that are holding onto something that has seen it's day. Are they dangerous people? Sure. But no more dangerous than an Anthony Comello or a Ceasar Sayoc.

The mob as we knew it, is a shell of it's former self. And that's being nice IMO. Any thoughts?