Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
If my father told his 21 year old niece who she can and can't date, she would burst out laughing.

Obviously, most of us are closer to our nieces and nephews than you are. If my niece was dating someone no good and might have been abusive to her, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell her what she needs to do. I've already done that to one of my nephews over a girl he was hung up on. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean the rest of us do it.

Frank Cali's niece seemed to have a consensual relationship with this young man. And we are all entering into speculation when we hypothesise that he was "no good" or a "bad influence" on her. It's all conjecture. And at the end of the day Cali was a criminal. You think the parents of his sons girlfriends wouldn't have reservations about their daughters going out with the sons of a drug dealer? Of course they would. But if their daughters are grown fucking women then they would probably let them make their own decisions in life rather than getting their uncle to try and threaten their boyfriends either directly or indirectly.

If you're going to treat a college-aged woman like a child and try to make their life decisions for them then it's a good way to inhibit their growth.

And, Southend, less of the personal abuse. You can disagree with my comments without resorting to sleaze.

You have absolutely no idea. No clue.

For many ethnicities, male relatives approve or disapprove of boyfriends, girlfriends etc etc. I have stopped female relatives from dating ppl I didn't like. That's how it is.

Frank Cali may have lived in the USA, but he was Sicilian. And that is how Sicilians (mafia and non mafia) work.