Originally Posted by Strax
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by spartan

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry and ruthless) will lose respect for you. Fear, violence, murder are an integral part of OC.

If they don't avenge the murder of a boss because they're scared of jail sentences and LE, their business will be in trouble. Other groups - who are willing to use violence - will encroach on their business.

And you don't have to use high ranking members of your organization to to hits. Look at what's happening in Canada. Many suspected shooters show up on surveillance as being black. If they're caught, they don't even know who originally ordered the hit. The contracts are "layered" so the original person who ordered the hit is insulated.

I agree.

I agree too, but this is USA not Europe ,and this case caused too much heat, if they kill him or any member of his family , feds will be all over them , very bad for business

This is the nature of the business they are in. Violence is an integral part. No violence = no respect. And no respect = no more business. It's basic common sense. If I'm dealing with an OC group that is too scared to kill, eventually I will rip them off, and for a large sum of money. If I think "they're a bunch of pussies who won't do anything", I - or some other group - will eventually screw them over.

This was a boss that was murdered. A Boss. Like I said, there re many ways to execute a contract killing, so the original person ordering it can't be touched by LE.