Originally Posted by BronaZora

I'm still having a hard time believing that this kid would do something like this randomly on his own. There are other ways to deal with stuff like this. If he did act on his own, then he must have severe depression and is on some sort of medication, because no sane person goes from having a clean record and an honest job to killing one of the major bosses of one of the big families, that's insanity. It would make more sense if he was doing this as a favor for someone to move up the ranks or something, but on his own? Still not buying it.

This is just speculation on my part for the hell of it. Some of the articles quote people as saying Comello had some mental illness and perhaps also a history of drug use. If that's true probably he was not in the right state of mind, he has a relationship (maybe only in his mind?) with Cali's niece, he feels rightly or wrongly Cali's trying to keep him from his girl, and it could set him off. That kind of murder happens all the time. This time a Mob big shot was the victim so we're hearing about it a lot more in the news.
There is one other possible explanation. If someone wanted Cali gone, and knew Comello, maybe they could have planted the idea in his mind knowing he was feuding with Cali. I think it is most unlikely, but it's possible.