Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Michael Franzese had a good idea about was going on too. I wonder whether he also thought about the lone nutjob. It's easy to refute all the other theories now that it does indeed appear to be just a loner, even though the other theories are usually more likely than this totally random act by a disgruntled kid. Even retired LE higher-ups and others in the know were thinking it was mob related so no reason to be ashamed of our so called mob groupie initial thoughts. wink

A lot of those supposed higher ups were just looking for another reason to justify their own existence and stroke their own egos. Admitting that a supposed untouchable is just as vulnerable as a regular citizen doesn't help them further their own agenda.

If it can bleed it can die, sure. The difference is that someone like Cali is in a position to be less vulnerable than a regular citizen if he wants too. But nobody ever expected something like this would happen and I think you would agree that it coming from within his own organization sounded more likely than this.

That being said, earlier in the thread another poster suggested the lone nutjob and I did not dismiss it.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."