Originally Posted by Strax
some complete nutcase who doesnt care for consequences , goes and shoots Carlo Gambino ,

Except that never happened. I'll spot you Joe Colombo, but we now know a lot of his 'friends" wanted him dead, too. All these decades later we still don't entirely know what the motive of that shooter was. Carlo? Tommy Brown? Tony Ducks? No one went near them, nut job or otherwise. Costello and Castellano were mob related.

They are still strongest and largest organized crime group in USA and only group that ever challenged them was Rudaj Organization ,

I'm not sure this is entirely true. With the drug trade, immigrants coming from other parts of the world with their own crime organizations, I think we're in a time of transition not only for this country but for what we call organized crime as well. The two go hand in hand.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea