Originally Posted by pmac
New and final pmac theory.... genovese crews are pissed gambinos running huge drug shipment threw there docks now there all under investigation. Someone's gotta pay. The genovese have never been shy to take out other familys boss or underboss. It was a sneak but cali is known as a international drug guy. Probaly working wit the cartels and didnt cutt the genovese nj wing in.

I actually considered the same thing.

Another consideration is the shooter was sent by the Mexican DTO that owned that load. As I said earlier, they move that kind of weight. Perhaps Cali was to provide security to get the load in, and something fell apart, and the Mexican DTO decided he had to pay for it. The hit is consistent with the way they do their business. They will kill people in front of their family, at their home, etc. Hell, they usually kill the family too.

Maybe the West Side found out Cali was moving it through, and gave it up to LE. The Mexicans thought Cali had an agreement with the Genovese's, and feel played. Who knows.

Maybe I live too close to the border, but the Mexican's have a very long reach, especially if they feel crossed or someone was careless. I would not underestimate them.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.