Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by spartan
Shocking that the boss of a major crime family wouldn't have more security around his house. Forget cameras. I would think bulletproof windows, doors, and body guards permanently stationed there.

Cali most likely didn't even know someone was out to get him or this wouldn't have happened.

This is why I would doubt it is anything to do with the coke bust a few days before. If that had happened and Cali was any way culpable or vulnerable or responsible he wouldn't be going outside like that in the night time. I just don't see it. And to stretch that theory, if there was a threat from Canada or anywhere else further afield then the same applies, he would surely be very aware of it and take precautions.

If I had to place a wager on who it is I'd say it would be from inside the Gambino's, I think the theory about the younger American guys wanting to take back the family from the zips makes sense. Cali might not have been boss on his own but by all reports, he held a lot of sway on either side of the pond and was the go to guy. Hitting someone like that would send a big message.