Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by TheWolf
Originally Posted by m2w
canada stuff seems to be mostly an lcn stuff

They are all mobsters/LCN but it is not like they are fighting over traditional rackets. It's primarily over distribution channels for cocaine and heroin. While always being an underlying income source for LCN, its not the traditional stuff a boss of a Five Families family gets knocked off for. The Rizzuto's goldmine was drug distribution through Canadian ports operating through the Cuntera-Caruana clan. It wasn't someone trying to eliminate Rizzuto to take over as head of MTL, it was someone trying to eliminate them completely to take over the drug importation.

Actually it was someone (Montagna/Bonannos) wanting to regain control in Montreal from the rogue Rizzutos first and foremost with the drug pipelines being a nice addition. But it was primarly a take-over in order to install a new (Bonanno) regime.

I wonder what Tag would think of this. I certainly never saw this coming, I bet many mobsters in New York neither.

Interesting how this will play out. It will probably be quiet for a while. A mob war with all this heat will put all the families in a very tough spot now that they were finally catching a break. They have to thread very carefully now, but sooner or later there has to be a response. Would be absolutely crazy if more bodies will be dropping soon.

Back in the days there would be a big meeting between all the bosses but they can't afford to do that anymore, so intermediaries will be used in order to deal with this crisis and find a suitable solution.

Key people in MTL were going down or being targetted prior to Sal's arrival. He did immediately insert himself into it though seeing he could capitalize on a power vacuum. It's believed by a lot that it was the Ontario clans trying to move in on MTL by supporting Di Maulo and Raynald Desjardins.