Here's my two cents for what its worth, so I'll throw my hat in the ring:

1. If the Gambinos wanted him gone it raises the questions of was it sanctioned by the commission? which other families conspired/gave the nod? who did the work?

- To me, if this wasnt sanctioned by the commission, sort of a Castellano situation, then I'd have to believe the idea of the commission is finished. The golden rule is in order to knock off the head you need the OK. So if they don't meet for that then why would they
meet otherwise.

2. Is it repercussions from the drug seizure this week?

- Someone's out some big money. Being that he was into drugs as much as he was, he had to have had a hand in the receiving end. Plus with the family having a Sicilian crew in NJ, it makes sense for them to over see it.
- Not to mention they shot him at his HOUSE. Why was he there? If law enforcement says hes been known to keep such a low profile, then why was he home and exposed like that? Because maybe he knew his time was coming after dropping the ball on such a big
shipment?

3. With everything going on in Canada right now, its a long shot, but I wonder if they're playing a part in any of this?

- I know someone mentioned that the issues in Canada aren't about any of the families " taking over control Montreal, Toronto, etc". But with drugs being a big motive up there between the clans, you wonder if this does have any reach.

I could be way off here......

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast