Originally Posted by m2w
Originally Posted by TheWolf
Haven't posted in here in ages. Just my 2 cents. I would be very surprised if it was a power move by either Gene or the Bonanos. If it has to do with anything, my guess is it is the Zips,and it has to do with the 77 million worth of cocaine seized in Newark. I doubt any mobster wants to make the headlines these days.

it's the third mob-related murder in a few months in new york, it could be internal to gambino or maybe it comes from the bonanno, linked to canada stuff, sicilian mafia connections etc.

Canada stuff is pretty much Italian stuff. It's not like the clan's that operate in Toronto/MTL, are really killing each other over territory for bookmaking, loansharking, etc, and union control. They are pretty much drug syndicates trying to control distribution channels. So, it could easily be them over the transport of drugs going wrong or something to do with Cali infringing on these pipelines. I'd just be surprised if it is a Castellano situation (which was purely motivated by taking over a family/being on the whacking block/too much tribute demand).

I'm just saying, I'd be a little bit surprised if its a situation of another Gambino making a power move or a rival five families boss or crew making a statement.