Wow that chart for the Westies is off like a prom dress. Weather it's the Irish Pugs, West side Irish, Spillane gang, Irish Mob or the Westies, that Was a horrible attempt. I'll give you some food for thought though, if you ever read this (or anybody else for that matter) that will see the hells kitchen Irish a little different. Spillane had a big gang, let's say 100 guys (no less) across this country or Ireland he could go on if he had to. The 5 families during these times had between 500+ guys to the big families and 200+ a small family with 1000's of associates for each family. Costra Nostra was a force during the time of prohibition to the early 80's that no other criminal group will ever come close to achieving in this country again. Bigger then U.S steep, connected and deadly.

My point is, Spillane used to kidnap italian slippers for $100's of grand, plus other Irish gangs. Spillane in the hells kitchen was God politically and forcedfully. So Spillane 100 guys compared to 1000s of guys had to be really, I mean really fucking tough bastard. He crew was mean and feared. Conans crew, monkey see monkey do, his crew from the same streets, even worse than Spillanes crew. Italians feared crazy, bar fighting and playing Russian roulette for fun, killers. You see the shows and they tell in favor the Italians ofcourse because they are a well oiled machine. They stood the test of time, they earned it. But while Salerno fought fire with fire against Spillane by turning to his irish associate and irish gang boss (Sullivan) to handle his people. Sullivan as we all know hired mad dog to do what he did best. Spillane errored, finally misjudged Salerno who would always opt out of clashing with the crazy. He would say fuck it, let them have there area. We got the whole country. But with the J.J.C, Salerno wanted that cash cow and history changed. But while killing one boss in hells kitchen, he thought he eradicated his hells kitchen problem, he was wrong. Coonan and the boys wacked Salernos main cash cow (ruby) to take took over his million dollar country wide loan sharking operation. Coonan now had his arch rival, Spillanes guys coming to work for him and now he wants what hes he sees is owed to him, the Javits center. It's in hells kitchen, it's the Irishs neighborhood and he's now boss. Mad dog even begged to work for coonan, these new generations of kitchen boys put the shakes in hardened ruthless criminals. the butcher jumped sides to coonans as fast as he could. another point and I'll stop and finish this scribble. Do your research and you will see the coonan hunted for Salerno all day and night. coonan started to wack Salernos close personal friends. Naturally the genovese and the Westies split it and remain co -existing till this day. there were so called westies all over the city, you didn't know them, not flashy, you only know the dead ones and flashy ones. the ones you dont hear about or see are where they have always been. the coonans westies fait has been sealed. nobody makes money when there's violence and headlines. I can only speak for new york and what I know and there were other Irish crews in the city and irish guys comnected guys that they wouldn't fuck with. the Irish congregate and they all did work for each other and favors. people say loosely connected but it was more then that. favors, honor, comfortability. I know coonan and the boys loved and respected the fuck out of Burke. They would do anything for him at anytime. when he would go to the kitchen to have a drink with the boys or do business they would call him the godfather. But the were other older Irish guys (rockaways, Brooklyn, hells kitchen) that they feared and respected and would never touch. heavy respect and as you know coonan would kill just about anybody at any time. Not the Irish old timers, brutal dudes as was the Westies. alright, sorry for spelling, sorry if its hard to read. it's to long and my fingers hurt, I wont fix it. slainte