Originally Posted by Irishman12
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
What are we going to do for starting pitching though? Idk how confident I am in the rotation as it stands. I’m not sure about Arenado, because if they weren’t willing to pay Machado anything close to 300, then I’d be shocked if they decided to pay Arenado that. I’d love to see it, but with this front office it’s just hard to say. Pitching and hitting for average and with runners on were really our biggest problems. In the postseason I think it was more the latter than the former but both hurt. As well as just not wanting to win. No heart shown by the yanks lineup outside of Judge and Didi.

Pitching's gonna have to come down to a trade as their isn't much on the market (even with Keuchel still out there). Still surprised by him too and I haven't heard him connected to anyone save Houston. I'd still keep an eye out on Michael Fullmer from Detroit if he can bounce back. Forget the Mets as I'm sure the new GM isn't gonna trade deGrom (who they're trying to sign long-term) or Syndergaard across town. Honestly, I'd love to see some of the kids in the minor leagues step up this year after a taste of the bigs last: Loaisiga, Adams, German, etc. I just hope trading Justus Sheffield doesn't come back to bite us! I think we're both on the same page in terms of the Yankees offseason pitching additions: looks good on paper, but let's see them in action and see if they can stay healthy. Plus, we'll get Montgomery back in the summer but then again, you can't rush him.

I liked Sheffield and was surprised they gave him up for Paxton. If it was for Kluber then I could’ve understood more. Likenive been saying, I just want to see better starting pitching and a better approach up there at the plate. All the talent is there. It’s about wanting it and showing it as well now.