Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Originally Posted by Homers77
I find it interesting that he allegedly turned down being made because it is not enough money and too many headaches...and he doesn’t want to struggle like his father yet he lives in his mansion and they own one next door...$ can’t be that bad!

I was thinking the same thing and not to mention he worked in two of his fathers businesses.

I don’t think he was saying he’d be broke as a made guy, but how much money is that stress worth? $1 million? $10 million?

Guys in the life spend every day of their lives looking over their shoulder. You can’t have any true friends because most often it’s your friends who’ll be sent to pull the trigger. Or they’ll be wired up.

Not to mention every day living in fear that you’ll get arrested and could get a 20+ year sentence. How much money is that worth to you? You ain’t gettin them years back. You kids only learn to walk once, only say their first words once, only have so many years of Little League, etc.

When he says “struggle”, I didnt read that as “struggle to make a buck”. To me it reads like “struggle to live within the confines of the mafia cult”.

And yes, obviously he lives in a mansion. What’s his motivation to risk his lifestyle? He can live very good as the legit son, without all of the downsides.

But he still got killed either way. If he was 100% legit then it’s an even sadder story. I think anyone who is a son up in Canada and is 100% legit needs to get the hell out of dodge right now. Move to the freakin Yukon or Kansas or somewhere were you send a bold message to everyone on the streets “I’m not involved and never will be.”

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb