Originally Posted by m2w
Originally Posted by BronaZora
The Rizzutos stopped sending money to NY after George was hit, that in itself was a message that they were no longer answering to them. Vitale went up there offering Vito the captain position, Vito respectfully declined and that was the end of it. When Vito went to jail and Montagna got deported, he tried to bring them back to the fold, which again is another proof that they did not really care to answer to the Bonnanos.

Nowadays, I doubt the likes of Leonardo Rizzuto or Stefano Sollecito care much about NY. After all they were not made into the Bonnanos, and they have enough on their plate than to worry about NY.

vito said he wanted his father nicolò as captain, and the bonanno's made him
although there were problems between new york and montreal crew, i doubt they stopped to be recognized as cosa nostra, it would be against mafia protocols, it would make the montreal crew a sort of 'stiddari'

I never heard that Nicolo was offered or even took the CAPO position that was offered to Vito,

Vito told Sal Vitale, we are like our own little family, he wouldn't tell him how many guys they had, he said we are all equal no one is the boss, there was I think 6 of them.

What would you call them? They made guys with out approval of the boss, they would not tell the boss how many made guys were in their crew, and they told the boss they are their own family?

With all the Bonannos rats no one has said they were still sending money???
The last I read Sal Vitale said they stopped.

Then when Massino Flipped Vinny Gorgeous sent word that he was the new boss and Rizzutto sent word back that he was not acknowledging Vinny because a RAT MASSINO APPOINTED HIM.

And than you have the Montagna situation